At Rub, we believe in the power of drug-free, non-invasive, and pain-free therapies. Cupping ticks all of these boxes which is why we added it to our list of treatments.
Cupping is a healing technique that has its origins in ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine. It has been used for thousands of years to provide relief to individuals suffering from a wide range of conditions.
The process of cupping is very simple. A cup (not a tea cup) is placed on your skin to create a suction where the cup is placed. This suction is what stimulates healing and recovery in your body.
Benefits of Cupping. What conditions can cupping help?
Cupping can be used for a wide variety of conditions. Some of these conditions include:
- Cupping provides relief from pain caused by a number of conditions like arthritis, poor posture, migraines, and so on.
- Muscle cramps. Cupping is great for sore and stiff muscles. The therapy helps muscles by improving blood flow to the area resulting in faster recovery.
- Stress and anxiety. Through stimulating the release of endorphins, cupping can help relieve stress and improve general mental health.
- Cupping stimulates the release of anti-inflammatory compounds in the body
- Digestive issues. Since cupping is done with consideration of acupressure points, it can be used to promote wellness in other systems particularly the digestive system.
- Menstrual cramps and other symptoms of reproductive conditions like endometriosis can also be helped by cupping.
To make an appointment at one of our Adelaide clinics, call 8357 3773 or BOOK ONLINE HERE.
What should I expect during my cupping session?
Generally, a Rub therapist will use cupping to complement their Remedial Massage session.
The cups will then be placed on your back and you will feel a deep suction where the cup is placed (like tight skin). In TCM its said that 10-15mins is an appropriate time for placement.
Other techniques like flash cupping and slide cupping can be used.
Is cupping safe?
Yes, it is very safe.
If done by an experienced professional, cupping is very safe. You will see some marking on the skin as old stagnant fluid/blood naturally leaves the body but it should reduce within a few days. The benefits will stay with you for longer.
To make an appointment with us, call 8357 3773 or BOOK ONLINE HERE.